What is Simply Seaweed?
It’s a natural supplement for your pet, organically produced with no additives, preservatives or colouring. Simply Seaweed is made of 100% dried and crushed Ascophyllum nodosum, a species of kelp, which is a type of seaweed.
How does it work?
After being consumed by your pet, Ascophyllum nodosum works in several ways to improve mouth health, due to its natural anti-adhesive, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.[ref] Bacteria is prevented from sticking to the tooth enamel, tartar build-up is reduced and existing plaque is loosened.[ref]
How long until results become noticeable?
Whilst most pet owners see an improvement in breath within a few weeks, results will vary depending on severity and dosage and may take up to 12 weeks to become noticeable
Is Ascophyllum nodosum suitable for pets with sensitive stomachs?
Whilst Ascophyllum nodosum is usually well tolerated, each animal is different. Ensure that your pet’s gastrointestinal system is at its best before introducing Simply Seaweed. Introduce the product slowly, gradually increasing the dose as toleration is evident.
- Do not give to animals with thyroid issues unless under veterinary supervision. (Seaweed is naturally high in iodine, a mineral which affects the thyroid. Seek veterinary advice beforehand if you would like to give your animal Ascophyllum nodosum).
- Do not give to animals that are allergic or intolerant to seaweed, kelp, fish, shellfish or seafood.
- Not recommended for pregnant or nursing animals, or those under six months of age.
Dosage Guide – For Dental Hygiene
- Cats and Small Dogs (up to 10kg) – 1/16 to 1/8 teaspoon daily (1 to 2 pinches daily)
- Medium Dogs (10kg to 25kg) – 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon daily
- Large Dogs (25kg to 50kg) – 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon daily
- Giant Dogs (50kg+) – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon daily
Dosage Guide – For Nutritional Supplementation
- Cats – 1/8 teaspoon daily
- Small Dogs – 1/4 teaspoon daily
- Medium Dogs – 1/2 teaspoon daily
- Large Dogs – 1 teaspoon daily
- Giant Dogs – 2 teaspoons daily
To give Simply Seaweed to your pet, simply sprinkle onto or mix in with their food. If you cook their food add Simply Seaweed in afterwards, immediately before serving.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Use contents within one year of opening. The Best Before date is printed on the container.
Where is Simply Seaweed made?
Ascophyllum nodosum does not occur naturally in Australian waters and is therefore imported from other countries, usually Canada, Ireland, England, Scotland or Norway. Please check individual containers to see where the batch was harvested. The seaweed is sent directly from the country of origin to Australia, where it is then locally packaged and prepared for distribution.
The containers are made in Australia, food safe, BPA free, tamper evident and recyclable.